Love, Laughter, Life
'Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn life around' Anonymous .
I believe, that within our inner most being, ‘love’ and the need to give and receive love is knitted into our DNA. That is why February, the month of love, is the perfect opportunity to remind those we care about how much the mean to us...the BALANCED WAY.
Chocolate, traditionally the core of Valentine’s month, is not necessarily a bad thing when enjoyed as a treat in moderation & only on the odd occasion because of its general high sugar content, but there are plenty of other ways in which you can show that you care.
5 Lovely Tips:
1. Take some time to write them a letter. Every one of us are different and express and receive love in different ways. In general though, we each have 5 main love languages that need constant attention. Knowing that we are needed & important to someone, is a part of human nature. Writing a few words to tell a person what they mean to you is one of the biggest gifts you can give them & it ticks almost all of the ‘love language’ boxes. It shows that you took the TIME to reflect on your relationship with them, it SERVES them by showing you care, receiving the letter is a form of GIFT that AFFIRMS the role they play in your life.
2. Make them a healthy little bag of Café-Balance inspired chocolates or a healthy treat. Nothing says “I care” like something handmade & yummy that is actually fairly good for them.
Find my Dark Chocolate Salted Almonds in my recipes below.
3. Treat them to a coffee date or a ‘spoil’ like a mani/pedi or massage.
4. Offer to do them a favour that will give them some precious free time for themselves.
5. Give them a really big hug and just say the words…LUV YA!